The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is an organization that offers educational products and services to it’s members in the accounting profession.
To become an AICPA member, one must pass the CPA exam. For each three-year reporting period thereafter a member must complete 120 hours of continuing professional education. All members must agree to abide by the AICPA bylaws and code of professional conduct in order to maintain the high standards established by the organization.
The Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA) is dedicated to improving all facets of the accounting profession provided by it’s members to their clients, employers, and the public.
In order to fulfill their vision and to guide the future of their organization, the ASCPA has developed a five step program:
- Establish a young CPA advisory group
- Establish a managing partner outreach program
- Change the organizational structure for the better by implementing a task force structure
- Help in the recruitment of the best and the brightest to the accounting profession
- Communicate the resources available, the advantages of membership, and the accomplishments of our organization to members.
These five steps will help to maintain the high values of the organization and it’s members.